Q: Break failure

When turning the key to the on position, all lights DO light up on the dash. My problem is an odd one. When I purchased the vehicle about a month ago I made it the hour and a half trip back. No issues. Drove it for two days. I didn't think to check the lugs. Most people are guilty of over tightening them. Driver's side front too loose I guess and snapped 3 wheel studs. Replaced immediately. They used the 'bar trick' for making sure they pulled through. Only part I did not do myself. They said they accidentally bent a metal piece on a little box on the dust shield. Ever since that day my breaks are fine going 10 and get super hard and abs kicks in at 20mph or more and tried to kill me. No good. The break light nor the abs light ever comes on when it happens so no codes stored. When I changed calipers and pads, the problem went away for a day and a half but returned. I was wondering if replacing the shield/sensor combo would make my breaks return? Or if it's another issue?

A: It may just be a fluke that the problem sta...

It may just be a fluke that the problem started just when they replaced the lugs but I doubt it. They even said they damaged something and you had the problem ever since. I recommend you have the ABS checked for damaged sensors or sensor rings that will cause the issue you have.

The ABS light may not be coming on if the sensor is working okay, but if the sensor wheel has teeth missing or is damaged then the sensor would need to be replaced.