Q: Brakes not working and brake booster possible failure causing the engine to stall.

I have noticed that when I turn my truck off the engine will act like it is still trying to go. Also in the morning when it is cold the breaks fo not want to realest properly. I think it is a break booster/vacuum problem. Because when I pump the breaks before turning it off it doesn't usually keeping trying to run. Any ideas you have would be great.

Hi there. If the engine tries to stall out when the brakes are applied, then look at the brake booster for any external damage. If there is no damage to be seen, then the diaphragm inside the brake booster is split and the booster needs replaced. If you need further assistance with a faulty brake booster diagnosis, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Brakes not working and brake booster possible failure causing the engine to stall.