Q: Brand new transmission and clutch-with clutch disengaged and accelerating from cold stop, the gas pedal vibrates with crunch sound

While in 1st or second gear - it varies - and the clutch fully disengaged (in gear, foot off the clutch) there is a sound and feeling coming from the accelerator. I took the car to a Chevy service shop. They replaced the transmission under ptrain warranty and I paid out of pocket for a complete new clutch/throw out/fly wheel/etc. I drove it next day and the same issue occurred. Now they are asking me to do a test drive with a technician since they cannot recreate it. This happens from a cold start- when the car has been parked for some time. It sounds as though the car disconnected from gear, or is otherwise not "catching". When it happens, the gas pedal vibrates for about a second, but it is a significant feeling. I do not have to engage the clutch again or change gear when this occurs, and I don't notice a change in acceleration speed, but due to RPM I typically switch to 2nd gear anyways. The symptom has occurred while in second gear, too, but this is more rare.

If this is only happening when the engine is cold, it is likely to be an engine management or engine controls issue. The episodes you are describing though are fleeting and so it might be hard to pick up with a real time scanner that shows engine operating parameters. But, that will be necessary to pin this down; indeed, if no obvious clues pop up you will need to apply a data logger to pinpoint the fault (after the fact). If you want a YourMechanic professional to evaluate the problem, please request service. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Brand new transmission and clutch-with clutch disengaged and accelerating from cold stop, the gas pedal vibrates with crunch sound