Q: Brand new battery totally drained when I turned the key.

For the last 2 week's when the car started out in the morning the radio would lose power for a few seconds then turn on then off after a while it would stop and the dash lights would blink or turn off for a second then come back on today I went out parked. came back out turned the key and the battery was dead it's a new battery

Hi there. There seems to be a loose or bad ground on your electrical system to your vehicle. Check all of the ground wiring to the entire vehicle from the battery to the chassis. If you need further assistance with your electrical issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.