Q: Brand new ac drive belt snapped after ac compressor replacement

Brand new ac belt snapped after ac compressor replacement.. Think CLUTCH needs gapped?

Adjusting the gap on the AC clutch is something we used to do years ago, but it’s usually unnecessary on later model cars. The two things that would lead to a belt breaking are slippage or miss-alignment, Slippage could happen because the belt is not tight enough or because the load of the new compressor is too high. If there is another problem in the air conditioner it could cause the compressor to work harder. Miss-alignment can happen if any of the air conditioner mounts are worn, or if the replacement compressor doesn’t fit quite correctly. You can have any of these things checked at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your AC belt and let you know what is going on.

3. Brand new ac drive belt snapped after ac compressor replacement