Q: Brakes work just fine; ABS light on, speedometer non-responsive; put fuse in, and this corrects the problem and then the fuse blow

Brakes work just fine; ABS light on, speedometer non-responsive; put fuse in, and this corrects the problem and then the fuse blows (Typically while on Interstate at higher speeds but not always). Once this happens; ABS lights comes back on; brakes work just fine; speedometer non-responsive. Have you seen this before, and if so what could it be (Ford Freestyle 2007)?

Hello, thank you for writing in. When a fuse blows repetitively the circuit is picking up excessive power from somewhere in the system. These issues can be difficult to trace out, but are typically done with a multi-meter. Due to the number of components that can be attributed to this, the diagnostic process can be lengthy. A wiring diagram will be beneficial for this if attempting to do it at home. Due to the ABS warning light being on, you will want to scan the vehicle for codes. There may be a code saved that will help point you in a direction that will make diagnosis easier. For more help with this type of electrical testing, contact our service department.

• Brakes work just fine; ABS light on, speedometer non-responsive; put fuse in, and this corrects the problem and then the fuse blow