Q: brakes to be pushed too much in

My brakes are to be pushed too much in. And during a recent inspection they said brake fluid moisture content is 4%. What does that mean, what needs to be done for it to work properly ?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your Honda 2004 Civic.

What you are describing may be a sign that you need new brakes. During the inspection, the technician should have noticed if the brake pads are worn. Also, air in the system can cause a soft pedal. Flushing and bleeding the brakes may help if the brake pads are not worn out. Have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your brake system to determine exactly what should be done next.