Q: Brakes feel like they aren't disengaging

After I drive my car for a while throughout the day (a few errands around town), my brakes feel like they didn't disengage and I have to push the gas pedal really hard to get my car to move forward/reverse. Then by the end of the day, the check engine light comes on. I'll park it overnight and the next day the same issue but then by the evening everything is normal, like it never happened.

A: Hello. The first thing to do is to have the...

Hello. The first thing to do is to have the Check Engine Light checked and diagnosed by scanning the ECM. Then check the brakes and look for rotor discolored or caliper problems with slides or pistons. If you see the outer and inner pads worn very different then this is a sign the caliper slides are stuck or sticking. Have a complete brake inspection.