Q: Brakes don't work good in my 1996 Honda Accord

I have 96 Honda accord, the brake must be pumped in order to work seems to be worse on hotter days but I'm not 100% sure on that, also the brake fluid doesn't seem to be leaking as their are no puddles under the car and the fluid in the master cylinder is dropping faster than normal. I have had it checked out by a mechanic before and they bled the brakes so there shouldn't be in air in it unless air has gotten in it since then. They saif the problem is most likely with either the master cylinder or the antilock brake system. Although I dont really trust their competence, so what do you think?

Hi there. From what you are explaining it sounds like there is a leak in the system. The brake fluid should not be going down at all unless there is a leak. If you are losing brake fluid and there is none on the brakes or leaking on the ground then most of the time that means that it is leaking from the rear of the master cylinder. This fluid goes into the brake booster and is not seen. The master cylinder can be removed and inspected for this type of leak. You should get a more experienced mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to [diagnose why the brakes are not working right] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/brake-safety-inspection

3. Brakes don't work good in my 1996 Honda Accord