Q: Brakes continue to squeak

I recently had my brakes replaced. Since then they have been squeaking. The mechanic said this was normal and that it would eventually go away. Unfortunately, the squeaking continues a few weeks later. Can something be done to fix this?

It is not normal for brakes to squeak consistently. There are more choices than ever when it comes to car parts. I counted over 15 choices for brake pads for your car online and the price varied widely. Then you can opt for dealer parts which are probably the most expensive. It all boils down to the compound for the friction material used and the condition and metallurgy of the rotor. Did you have your rotors machined or replaced when you had the pads done? Putting new pads on an uneven or dished rotor is a recipe for noise and squeaks. I could go on and on about pros and cons of different compounds, brake dust, noise and so on. I would ask the garage to try a different brand brake pad, or an upgraded brake pad. If they are unwilling to work with you, a qualified mechanic from YourMechanic would be happy to inspect the brakes on your car and a provide a recommendation.