Q: brakes

Recently i have noticed that my brake pedal goes further down than normal when depressed, and has a soft feeling. I have had the brakes bled but it's still the same. Please advise

A: Considering you have had your brakes bled p...

Considering you have had your brakes bled properly, you may either have a mechanical issue with you brake pads sticking, a brake fluid leak, or a bad brake master cylinder. Typically, I would perform what we call a ’line lock’ test, where we clamp off the brake hoses to each wheel. Then if the brake pedal feels solid with the hoses locked, we remove the clamps one wheel at a time. By doing so you can narrow down which wheel is the culprit and look deeper into why that wheel is causing a problem.

If you clamp off all the wheels with the ’line lock’ test and the pedal is still low, I would suspect a hydraulic problem like a bad master cylinder. I’d have a certified technician take a look at your car in order to accurately diagnose and make the proper repairs to fix the problem with your brakes.