Q: Brakes

ok so ive replaced master cylinder, brake lines, brake shoes, wheel cylinders, driver side caliper. After i bleed the whole entire truck, I put back on the tires and had it on jack stands put it to drive and when i tried to brake the pedal was soft and it took a while to stop the tires. It probably kept spinning for about 1-1 1/2 mins. after the brakes where applied. I bleed the master cylinder right because it came with a bleeding kit and i kept going until i saw no more bubbles. So i am totally lost and i put about like 500 dollars into the brakes system and they still don't work. Pls help me!!

If your vehicle is equipped with anti-lock braking, you have to either bleed the ABS pump and valving (per Factory Service Manual instructions) or use a bi-directional scan tool to remotely actuate the ABS system during brake bleeding. Otherwise, in an ABS equipped vehicle, air will remain trapped in that segment thus causing a low brake pedal. If you do not have an ABS system on your car, the only explanation for what you are describing is trapped air, an internal leak within the master cylinder (of course look for external leaks, but you have probably done that already), or possibly bulging rubber brake lines. If you have a firm pedal and yet inadequate brake pressure at a wheel cylinder, that would be due to a proportioning valve fault and/or a line blockage. If you desire that the brakes be bled by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a brake system inspection/diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you