Q: Brakes barely working

The car is making a funny noise and the brakes barely work now.

Where are you hearing this noise? If it is coming from the tire and wheel area, you may be hearing your brakes making a scrubbing metallic type sound. If so, that would be your brake pads grinding against the rotor because all the friction material is gone. If this is the case you would need to replace both the pads and the rotors, unless the damage went further. Since faulty brakes are a major safety concern, I strongly advise having a mechanic inspect your brakes to see where the issue is.

3. Brakes barely working