Q: Brake warning light comes on during quick change of speed

Hi, I'm having some problems with the braking system in my car. The dashboard shows the brake warning light on, in situations when I try to accelerate or decelerate quickly. The light would turn off after a couple of minutes, but I would like to know why it comes on. Do you have any idea why this happens?

A: The brake fluid in the brake master cylinde...

The brake fluid in the brake master cylinder reservoir will start to go down as your brake pads wear down and the fluid may get low enough to cause the low brake fluid sensor to turn on the dash light when you brake or accelerate. Check the brake fluid level and top it off to the max line and you should be okay. I would recommend having the brakes inspected to see if they are in need of service.