Q: Brake/ tail lights

My light failure sensor bad (burnt spot on circuit board), I got another one and after a few seconds it happened again so I simply bypassed the sensor (removed it) and for some reason both filaments light at same time in all 4 of the 1157 (brake/tail) bulbs ....they do get a little brighter when I hit the brake but it's not working like it should. Also when my running lights are OFF my dash lights dimm when i apply the brake but when my running are ON the dash lights are fine...please help if you can thank u

You have a short circuit (possibly to ground) in the wiring for the board OR a fault in another component on the same circuit that is allowing too much current to flow through your sensor board causing it to fail. Best thing to do is do the electrical diagnosis, find and fix the short, and replace the board. YourMechanic can assist you with the electrical wiring diagnosis and procure a replacement board for you.

3. Brake/ tail lights