Q: Brake system issues due to emergency brake driving

My brake pads are slightly past needing to be changed. The rear brakes were very bad by the time they attempted to replace them. Once they removed the rear brake parts they realized they had 2 sets of front brakes but no rear parts. He put the old parts back on, until morning. A few hours later my daughter woke sick I had to rush to urgent care! On our way I noticed the van was struggling to move, and having alot of strange issues. I called and was told the calipers may not be set 100% but it would be ok being it was only 5 miles of driving. Upon leaving the urgent care the car would not move in drive at all. I had to push the gas and force it back into the spot so I wasn't stuck in the middle of the road. However it was not an easy task. In the end it sounded so loud I gave up then after getting home they called and I found they left the emergency brake on? I haven't attempted to move it, but it did leak something maybe!! Will I need more than the pads, what else may I need now?

Hi there. As a single parent, I can understand the frustration that comes with a mechanical problem and a sick child. Here are a few facts for you to consider in regards to your Honda Odyssey. When the emergency brake is left on, it typically causes excessive wear to the rear brake pads, and might cause the rear rotor to warp. Since you’re needing to have the front and rear brake pads replaced anyways, it’s a good idea to have the rotors replaced as well; especially with over 100,000 miles on the vehicle. If you’d prefer, one of our local mechanics can complete this service for you by replacing the brake pads and rotors on your Honda on your time schedule. During this service, they can inspect your vehicle to determine if any other issues exist.