Q: Brake switch not working

I recently had the brake switch worked on in my car. The issue is not fixed, since I can't seem to get the car started. I place my foot on the brake pedal, but the car does not realize this and won't start. I notice the brake lights do not come on either, leading me to believe it is an issue with the brake switch.

A: That does sound like a brake switch problem...

That does sound like a brake switch problem. If the switch was not replaced, I would recommend having it replaced. Sometimes the switches can be adjusted but if it’s already been worked on I would recommend having it replaced. What happens is the contacts in the switch wear out over time and need to be replaced. A certified technician can help you inspect and replace your brake switch.