Q: Brake Replacement

What is a good brand to use for brake replacement for a 2012 acura tl?

Brake pads is one of the "you get what you pay for" areas. When you go to your parts supplier and ask for brake pads, he will usually quote you several options, often with a wide range of prices. Here is a link to an article describing several of the materials options you will encounter. In the shop, we generally like to use Akebono brake pads on Japanese cars. They are good quality pads, usually ceramic, but there are other options, and they come in a package that includes all the necessary shims. They are also the most expensive. I use them myself on both of my Japanese vehicles and have been able to expect 60-70,000 miles of life from them. If you decide you would rather not do the job yourself, contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to do the job for you.