Q: Brake replaced last November. How can I claim to have it fixed as I believe is on their side?

I change rotors and pads last summer. When I picked my car up I let them know it didn't feel right, took it back and they advised that sometimes the rotor comes with some imperfections from factory. So they checked it and they said it was okay, even I wanted them to replace it, but they said it was nothing serious. Now my car is making an awful noise when stopping. Sounds like metal to metal. How can I address the issue with them so they don't try to rip me off again? I feel they didn't care much when I first asked them. I think this should not be happening and is a consequence of a bad job or bad supplies... which at the end should be cover by them. Am I right? How should I do or look for so they don't change the story? Thanks,

Hello there, thanks for writing in. I am sorry to hear about your experience. I suggest you start by going straight to the manager of the shop and letting them know what your concern is. If you are worried, I would get another opinion first as to what the issue is so that you do not feel lied to when they talk to you.

If you would like help getting a second opinion, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect the brakes for you.

3. Brake replaced last November. How can I claim to have it fixed as I believe is on their side?