Q: Brake popped out of gear

I was driving my car when I hit a bump and my rims hit the suspension and the brake popped out of gear. Now the car won't move due to the brake being stuck in the rims.

A: This is most certainly a serious concern th...

This is most certainly a serious concern that will leave the Lexus un-drivable until it is repaired. If the caliper is wedged inside the wheel, it is likely the caliper bolts have broken or become loose and backed out. This allows the caliper to “jump” out of its bracket and wedge itself inside your Lexus wheel. A certified mechanic will have to look over your concern in person and verify which part of the wheel was affected and needs to be replaced. This is a serious safety concern due to the repair being associated with the brakes. It is important to have your brake issue diagnosed before you get back on the road.