Q: Brake pedal going all the way to the floor

The brake pedal is going all the way to the floor, making it very difficult to stop. After a while it goes back to normal, but after driving it starts going all the way to the floor again.

A: From the symptoms described, it leads me to...

From the symptoms described, it leads me to believe that your Mitsubishi is experiencing concerns with the master cylinder. A failing master cylinder can duplicate the problems you are experiencing, such as brake pedal going down to the floor. To be 100% certain, i recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to inspect the brake system of your Mitsubishi as soon as possible. They will have the experience and tools needed to determine exactly why your Diamante is experiencing this concern with the brakes and assist in making the necessary repairs to ensure your brakes work, especially when you need them most.