Q: Brake pads

A few weeks ago I hit a curb going under 10mph with the front right tire. There is some scratches along the hub cap, rim and a small scratch on bumper. Since that day it has made a funny noise only when braking. I took it to a mechanic they said my brake pads needed replacement. Could this be caused by the impactwith the curb? The strange noise can only be heard in the right side where the impact happened they also said the clutch need adjusting just trying to see if this could all be from the impact.

A: Without seeing the vehicle, an exact cause ...

Without seeing the vehicle, an exact cause for your concerns cant be determined however, it is possible that the impact affected the brakes somehow. Clutch adjustments can be required with mechanical clutch systems, to maintain proper pedal height and engagement. If you would like a second opinion, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your brake system and provide you with a quote for repairs.