Q: Brake lines need bleeding.

I believe the brake pads are fine; however, I think the brake lines need bleeding. The brakes work, but only with a great deal of pressure applied.

If the brakes need excessive pressure to stop the car then you could have an issue with the brake booster is not working or leaking vacuum. the brake pads and rotors could be glazed and would require excessive stopping force to stop the vehicle. I would recommend having the brakes checked by a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to check your entire brake system to see what is causing the high effort to stop the vehicle.