Q: Q: Brake lights will not turn off

The brakes lights will not turn off. I unplugged the battery, but when I put the battery back on to start the car, the alarm goes off.

3. Q: Brake lights will not turn off

Q: My key will not turn all the way to get it out

I'll bet you need a new ignition lock. In some cases that will mean replacing a whole lock assembly, and in others it will just mean replacing a lock cylinder. That will mean a new key, so if you want...

Q: The power door locks don't lock, either by the door switch or the key fob

It sounds like your remote may have lost synchronization. Most door lock systems use a "rolling code" where the digital code for the remote changes each time it is activated.The code for the controller changes along with it so they...

Q: Car will not start or go in gear - 1996 XJ6 Jaguar

Hi there. In most cases, a malfunctioning brake light will not trigger an error code that renders the engine non-compliant. What may be the cause of this issue is if the transmission gear shift solenoid or neutral safety switch was...