Q: Brake lights will not turn off

The brakes lights will not turn off. I unplugged the battery, but when I put the battery back on to start the car, the alarm goes off.

A: If the brake lights will not turn off, the ...

If the brake lights will not turn off, the brake light switch is likely failed, or out of adjustment; disconnecting the battery won’t do any good. I suggest you have a trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect and repair your brake light circuit.

As for the alarm going off after reconnecting the battery, hit the unlock button on the alarm. If this does not work, insert the key into the driver’s side door with all the doors closed, and "lock" then "unlock" the door.