Q: Brake lights not working

My brake lights are not working even though the rear lights are.

The brake lights are turned on by the brake switch, and it then goes through the multifunction switch on the steering column. Both of these components have been causes of light failures on these vehicles. The only way to know which one has failed is to check the brake switch to see if the switch, or its connector, has failed. If the switch is working okay and the connector did not break, then the multifunction switch is the most likely cause. I recommend having the brake light system checked by a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic.

3. Brake lights not working