Q: Brake lights not working

The brake lights do not work, but the bulbs are fine. The previous owner had a towing brake controller installed.

From the description provided, it appears that you are experiencing an electrical problem with the brake lights on your Jeep Liberty. Having aftermarket equipment installed can sometimes cause problems, especially if they were not installed correctly. I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come by and diagnose why your brake lights are not working in person. They will have the knowledge needed to quickly identify why your brake lights are not working as well as have the tools needed to perform the repairs necessary to have your brake lights functioning the way they should.

3. Brake lights not working