Q: brake lights not working already replaced switch

Brake lights not working. Replaced switch already. Before New switch it was blowing the fuse. now it's not but still no brake lights.

Hi Melissa. Thanks for contacting us today. If the previous brake switch was frequently blowing the fuse, but the new one isn’t, then it’s possible that the electrical relay is the root problem. Sometimes a damaged switch will keep the relay open, which will cause an overload of electricity to the fuse and cause it to "pop". If the brake switch was replaced without removing the battery terminals, it’s quite possible that the relay was damaged or even the bulb damaged. However, it’s also possible the brake switch was not properly installed or a different electrical connection or ground wire is loose. Since there are so many possibilities, it’s probably best to have a professional mechanic complete a brake light inspection, so the root issue can be found.

3. brake lights not working already replaced switch