Q: Brake lights are not bright, drivers can barely tell I am braking

I need help with my brake lights , my lights won't bright up like for example the brake lighting is very low , drivers can hardly tell when I am stopping

A: Hi. There are 2 likely possibilities for yo...

Hi. There are 2 likely possibilities for your poor lighting. The first is a bad ground connection, limiting the power that can electrically flow through the light bulbs. The second possibility is that the wrong bulbs have been inserted in the brake light sockets. Check your owner’s manual first for the correct bulbs and replace them (if you can’t get a bulb number off of the existing bulbs). Otherwise, check the ground wire connection for corrosion and a good, secure metal-to-metal contact. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this yourself, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the brake light problem and follow through with needed repairs.