Q: brake light stays on

My Montero Sport's brake light comes on while driving or it doesn't go off at all after starting the car, until later on. When I disengage the emergency brake the light will not go out until later. This has been going on for a month. My brakes seem fine - no change in them and all of the fluids are full. Could this be a sign of a major problem? Should I get my car checked right away?

A: Yes, you should have it checked out immedia...

Yes, you should have it checked out immediately as the light is an important signal for road safety. The red brake light may just be something as simple as a faulty brake fluid level sensor, but it could be an indication of something much worse. My recommendation is to get this checked out immediately by a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose and repair the brake light and ensure safe operation of the vehicle.