Q: Brake light sometimes on

The brake light comes on sometimes. Do I need to have the brake light switch replaced?

Hello! If you are referring to the taillights, the brake light switch may be faulty. I suggest having a technician check the break light switch for excessive wear at its contact point. If you are referring to a brake light on the dashboard, a common cause of that light coming on and off is low brake fluid. If the fluid is low, I suggest refilling the brake reservoir, then checking the braking system for leaks. You may want to have a certified technician inspect your brake light switch and replace it, if deemed necessary.

3. Brake light sometimes on