Q: Brake light in dash on constantly - Pedal has longer travel as if the diaphragm is not there

Brake light in dash on constantly - Pedal has longer travel as if the diaphragm is not there
the light is a combo B/P - - - no ABS Light - - Brakes work. just a little harder to engage - - hoses connected and fluids full - - pads and linings have wear but still good

Hi there, The light may be illuminated because of a false reading coming from the brake fluid level sensor if there is a warning with a good brake fluid level. Otherwise, the parking brake mechanism may be sending a false parking brake on signal to turn the light on. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic to take a look at the circuits and offer a personal diagnosis.

• Brake light in dash on constantly - Pedal has longer travel as if the diaphragm is not there