Q: Brake light came on (not ABS light) and leaking brake fluid.

Brake light on. Wasn't using ebrake. Brake pedal maybe feels easier but not lower to floor. Brake fluid very low, filled up, light turned off. Backed up & braked a couple times. Stopped normal. Hour later fluid under car & on area around the top part of axel by passenger rear tire. Didn't observe any other areas underneath that appeared wet and not wet around master cylinder reservoir but the reservoir was very low again. Got new front & rear brakes with all new parts last year and they were looked at and adjusted on 7/30/16. Now have 4000 miles on them. Mechanic said based on my description it is probably leak in brake line and will have to replace it. He also said that if that is the case then he most likely will have to replace all four brake lines. Question is do I really have to replace all four lines if only one is leaking? Money is tight and don't want to do anything not necessary. How much should it cost to replace one line? Cost for all four lines? Live by Chicago. Thank you

A: You can get away with replacing the one bra...

You can get away with replacing the one brake line, but the mechanic recommended all of them to ensure your safety. The decision is all yours. If you would like to get an estimate for this, enter your vehicle information and location into https://www.yourmechanic.com/book/ and choose either one brake line or all four.