Q: Brake issue

I have a 2010 peugeot 308 i have only 60000 miles on the odometer and i have had lots of issues with the brakes at the back of the car they seem to be wearing out significantly faster than the front brakes are. Ive had it at a garage and they have tried everything to stop it they even took the back brake pads out and put them in the front and the front pads in the back?( i dont know why) what could the issue be? Thank you

Hello, thank you for writing in. The previous technicians switched the brake pads to make sure the pads were not the problem. If the front were in better condition, it also bought you more time with those pads. The first cause that comes to mind is the parking brake. Do you use it often? The parking/emergency brake can become stretched out over time, or the brake may not fully disengage for one reason or another. In this case the brake pads in the back would be partially pressed against the rotors when driving and wear right through the brake pads. You should start by inspecting the parking brake, and take further diagnosis from there.