Q: Brake hose instructions states that hose must be straightened and left in warm area before installation. How important is this.

The hose replacement is on a 73 Dodge Challenger and is about 14". It runs from the under body to rear axle and has a half circle bend.. The car will not be operated for a week or so after hose replacements.

As long as the length is correct, and the ends on the hose match those that are being replaced, it really should not be a big deal. If the hose is installed and won’t be driven for a week anyway, this should be a sufficient alternative. If you feel you need further assistance, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.

3. Brake hose instructions states that hose must be straightened and left in warm area before installation. How important is this.