Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-101695-1apffysjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-101695-1apffysjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-101695-1apffysjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-101695-1apffysjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-101695-1apffysjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-101695-1apffysjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-101695-1apffysjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-101695-1apffysjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-101695-1apffysjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-101695-1apffysjs:173:8

Q: Brake failure occurred after downshifting

The following came on in my car: "ABS brake system needs service." I called the dealership and was told they knew what it was and to come in later that week. Two days before the appointment, I was downshifting while slowing down and then applied the brakes, but there was nothing - no brake action. To avoid hitting other vehicles, I moved into the left turn lane and at that time the brakes engaged. After pulling over, I called the dealership and they had me take it in immediately. The next morning I was told that a component in the brake had come apart and they had put a clamp on it. I was also told that this had been the case for more than a year. In your expertise, is that clamp a permanent fix?

A: Hello. I would ask for a better explanation...

Hello. I would ask for a better explanation until you get something that makes sense. There are known electrical problems with the Anti-skid Brake System controller, including bad electrical connections. A "clamp" is not the proper repair for this, but may be the language the technician is using to explain the issue. Talk to the dealership some more in order to get further advice. If you're still uncomfortable, speak with their manager or Volvo Customer Service BEFORE taking the car back. If you would like to get a second opinion on this outside of the dealership, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the brake system so that this is corrected properly.