Q: Brake disc gets very hot during driving.

The car is only used on rare occasions. This time I noticed on my return that the nearside front wheel disc was extremely hot. Could it be a sticky brake caliper or perhaps a wheel bearing problem?

Hi There, You are correct in that a sticking caliper can definitely cause the brake rotor to heat up very quickly, which will eventually cause the rotor to warm as well. This may also be related to a wheel bearing failing, however this will usually produce a bit of a whirring noise that will change with the speed of the vehicle as well as the load put on that particular wheel. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Brake disc gets very hot during driving.