Q: Brake caliper question.

I have a 2013 ford f150 2 wheel drive with 45k miles. When I pulled the rotors off to get them turned (noticed the pulsating) I noticed that the brake pads on the driver side had one pad at about half the thickness of the other. The passenger side pads wore evenly. Is there anything to be done other than replace the caliper on the driver side?

Hello, It sounds like you may have a sticking caliper or potentially a caliper with a piston that is not pressing against the pads evenly causing the excessive wear on one pad over the other. This can happen when there is an uneven distribution of hydraulic pressure to the caliper caused by a leak or potentially a pinched brake line or air in the brake line running to that caliper. I would start with inspecting the piston in the caliper to look for any signs of it getting hung up or not coming out of the caliper properly. Should you need further assistance with this, I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your brake calipers to see what may have caused this.