Q: bouncing feeling when going 40-43mph goes away after that speed

Around 40-43 mph my 2005 dodge ram 1500 starts to feel like it's bouncing would be the best way to word it. I feel a vibration in the pedals but not much. I mainly feel it in the seat when I am going the certain speed. I have checked the shocks for leaks and nothing, don't have the right tools to take them off. The U joints in the front and back are also good, wheels have proper air pressure and new wheels and tires that are balanced, wheels do have a 10mm offset, started happening about 6 months ago before i got new wheels but 6-8 months after i got new tires, the tires i got are bigger, went from a 245/65/r17 to a 285/70/r17. Mainly feels like its coming from the rear end.

Hi there. If the tires are that large and the wheels have that configuration, then you may need new shocks. The factory shocks are not made for this size of tire and wheel. I have also seen this offset cause some serious bearing problems. The axle bearings and hub bearings need to be checked for any excessive play. If there is any, then they need to be replaced. Worn engine and transmission mounts will also cause this. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the vibration to pinpoint any adjustments that are needed.

3. bouncing feeling when going 40-43mph goes away after that speed