Q: Bought it yesterday. Check engine light is on

So i bought this vehicle yesterday, as is no warranty. Check engine light has just popped on, went to autozone and their reader said the catalytic converter is getting clogged. I read that a faulty spark plugs can be the problem, and the dealer told me they had just replaced them a couple days before hand. Is this most likely the problem?

A: The most common reason for that fault to be...

The most common reason for that fault to be set in this particular car is unfortunately a failed catalytic converter. Misfiring, which can be caused by faulty spark plugs or ignition coils, can cause damage to the catalytic converter, which in turn sets this fault. My suggestion is that you have the code diagnosed by a qualified independent technician, such as one from YourMechanic, and understand that you may need to have the catalytic converter replaced. If you just bought the car from the dealer though, because that is an emissions item, depending on what state you're in, you may potentially be able to return it because it can't pass SMOG check with a failed catalytic converter.