Q: Q: Starting issues

Always have to jump start our Lincoln. Bought a brand new battery thinking that was the problem. It still will not start. Every time we try to jump start it it makes a clicking sound and will not start.

This may be related to a faulty starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.

3. Q: Starting issues