Q: Both electric seat belts do not work so I started checking the fuses and on the ones under the hood I found a plaque like build up

Is that alright? I'm not sure if it's affecting anything. Mostly everything on it still works and I replaced one of the plaque built up ones hoping it might fix the problem, it didn't. I'm really confused about the seatbelts, I can hardly find anything on them and I'm starting to think that it's either the computer that runs them, hence why both don't work or that someone has disabled them. Because you can drive with the seatbelt not engaged and it's still up at the front, yet no warning comes on. The car should be saying I don't have my seatbelt on but it doesn't. I hope I explained it decent enough, what are your thoughts?

3. Both electric seat belts do not work so I started checking the fuses and on the ones under the hood I found a plaque like build up