Q: Both electric seat belts do not work so I started checking the fuses and on the ones under the hood I found a plaque like build up

Is that alright? I'm not sure if it's affecting anything. Mostly everything on it still works and I replaced one of the plaque built up ones hoping it might fix the problem, it didn't. I'm really confused about the seatbelts, I can hardly find anything on them and I'm starting to think that it's either the computer that runs them, hence why both don't work or that someone has disabled them. Because you can drive with the seatbelt not engaged and it's still up at the front, yet no warning comes on. The car should be saying I don't have my seatbelt on but it doesn't. I hope I explained it decent enough, what are your thoughts?

Check the door latch switches on the driver and passenger doors and see if they have power to them and power after them. If there is power to the switches but nothing after the switch with a test light, then the switches are not working and need replaced. If there is power before and after the switches, then the sliding electric motors are not working and the seat belt assemblies need replaced. If you need further assistance with your seat belts, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Both electric seat belts do not work so I started checking the fuses and on the ones under the hood I found a plaque like build up