Q: bold on top of tire broke, dislogging the tire but I could not even start the engine.. what is that?

The AAA guy tells me the bolt holding the upper part of the tire broke, but after that happened I could not start the engine.. why is that .. seemed like the engine fell on the ground.. serious issue?

Hi there. I’m not quite clear as to which bolt on the tire you’re talking about. If it was a lug nut that broke while removing a tire, it would have no impact on the engine starting. However, if a suspension component that holds the tire on the vehicle broke, it could have caused a sensor to fail or triggered a fault code which may have disabled the ignition system. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection which will allow them to verify what you’re describing and recommend the right repairs.

• bold on top of tire broke, dislogging the tire but I could not even start the engine.. what is that?