Q: bogging

After washing my car engine bogged a bit and sounded as if it were hydrolocked, also the check engine light came on as this happened and has not yet left.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in about your 1999 M...

Hi, thanks for writing in about your 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I would recommend that you open your air filter to make sure that it is dry. If you drove your car through a car wash while the car was on you may experience what you are calling a hydrolock. However, if it is wet don't just replace the air filter. Make sure you use a rag and clean it out to so that you don't get more water on the new one and introduce the same problem.