Q: bogging

After washing my car engine bogged a bit and sounded as if it were hydrolocked, also the check engine light came on as this happened and has not yet left.

Hi, thanks for writing in about your 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I would recommend that you open your air filter to make sure that it is dry. If you drove your car through a car wash while the car was on you may experience what you are calling a hydrolock. However, if it is wet don’t just replace the air filter. Make sure you use a rag and clean it out to so that you don’t get more water on the new one and introduce the same problem.