Q: BMW e90. my drive belt tensioner.

My drive belt tensioner has just started making some different noises so I will get it replaced in the next few days, I'm wondering if it would damage my engine in any way if I continue to drive my car for the next few days to and from work, about 6 miles a day ? Or should I leave it until it's fixed. Thankyou.

A: Hi there. When the drive belt tensioner mak...

Hi there. When the drive belt tensioner makes noises it typically means that it's loose and that the belts may be close to breaking. It's hard to tell you for certain if driving the vehicle with a damaged tensioner is going to be OK or not. Our advice would be to restrict driving as much as possible and have the drive belt tensioner replaced as soon as possible.