Q: Bluetooth

I just bought a 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander it has 43,000 miles on it. I went to set the Bluetooth to my smartphone but it is asking for a passcode. I don't have a passcode since I bought the car second hand. How do I reset it to my settings?

The passcode is chosen by you. Follow these instructions. Make sure Bluetooth on your phone is turned on. With the vehicle in Park, press the phone button on the left side of the steering wheel. The system will ask you what you want to do. Say "pair a device." It will tell you to start the pairing process and select a 4 digit PIN number. You choose the number and say it. The system will confirm your choice of PIN. Make sure the vehicle shows up in your phone’s Bluetooth settings. When your phone recognizes the vehicle, enter the PIN number. The system should say "pairing complete." If this does not work, then there may be a software or hardware issue that may require a trip to the dealership.