Q: Blown head gasket engine doesn't have enough pressure to start

Car ran hot to the point where it cut off. Tried to restart the car it cranks but won't turn start.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have low compression in one of the cylinders as a result of the motor getting hot. As you know, this can happen when the cylinder head gasket fails as a result of the overheating. Any time the head gasket fails, this will cause a leak in compression which may or may no always be enough to cause the engine not to run. This can cause coolant to leak into the cylinders as well which can also cause the motor no to run as you describe. There are a number of symptoms that a blown head gasket may or may not show. A thorough inspection of the cylinder head is usually necessary in order to determine what specifically has failed and what is needed to repair this. One quick way to check for signs of a blown head gasket is to check the coolant to see if you find any traces of oil in it as this may suggest leakage to or from the cylinder into the coolant passages. You can also check the oil to see if you find traces of water or coolant in it which will also indicate signs of the coolant leaking into the motor. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Blown head gasket engine doesn't have enough pressure to start