Q: blown engine

I blew my 2.2 l engine in my 2004 grand am I want to replace it with a 3.4 l out of 2001 grand am. Can it be done?

When you want to do an engine swap with the exact same engine then you do not have as many challenges. When you want to change out a 4 cylinder to a 6 cylinder of an earlier year, you will have many many challenges. The subframe will have different mount locations. The computers and wire harnesses are different. Even the older 6 cylinder engine computer will not work with the 2004 vehicle harness. I would not recommend doing this swap due to the many changes that would need to be done.