Q: Blower Motor works but A/C Shifts to Vent towards windshield when accelerating. Cruise control doesnt work. Vacuum Lines?

My A/C was working fine, but recently when accelerating/any demand is placed on the engine, the vents pointing toward driver/passenger divert to the ones which are used to defrost/de-humidify the interior of windshield. I have read that this is a common issue with 2nd Gen Ram 1500s... something to do with insufficient vacuum due to a leak in vacuum lines. Cruise control also doesn't work. Electrical/indicator light for "CRUISE" comes on, but set speed button will not hold. Can these be related?

Thanks, J

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. The issue is there is a vacuum hose that is either burned with a hole or the hose is cracked. Open the hood and check for any vacuum hoses to the cab that may be disconnected or have a hole in it. If all of the vacuum hoses are in good shape, then check under the dash for the vacuum hoses. If the hoses are in good shape, then you will need to replace the vacuum blend door actuator. If you find a hose that is burned, cracked, or has a hole in it, replace the vacuum line and retest your a/c. If you need further assistance diagnosing your a/c issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your vehicle.

3. Blower Motor works but A/C Shifts to Vent towards windshield when accelerating. Cruise control doesnt work. Vacuum Lines?