Q: Blinker light malfunction - 1998 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

The right blinker in my vehicle cannot turn off, along with the maker light. The dashboard is also showing the right turn indicator light illuminated. While using the turn signal for making the turn to the right, the light is illuminated and there is a buzzing sound. There are no problems when I turn to the left. Also, the bulbs are working fine. How can I fix this?

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by a short in the combination switch. It shorts internally and allows this circuit to get power when it is not supposed to. I also have seen issues with the trailer wiring if it is equipped with a tow package. A voltage meter and a wiring diagram will be needed to test the circuit for the cause of the short. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and correct the turn signal problem.