Q: Bleeding Brakes

While bleeding the brakes with a vacuum pump, it appeared that air was seeping through the sides of the bleeder valves. Would you recommend that the bleeder valves be wrapped with teflon tape (or something like it) before bleeding?

A: It is nearly impossible to bleed brakes wit...

It is nearly impossible to bleed brakes with a vacuum pump and not see bubbles. The bubbles are not actually coming from inside the brake line. Therefore, this air is something that can be dismissed. The pedal should still become firm eventually after bleeding brakes with a vacuum pump. If the air were coming from the brake line itself, very little fluid would be seen coming through the vacuum pump hose. If you see plenty of fluid coming out, the brakes are being bled properly. If you feel more comfortable with it, adding some tape will not hurt anything during this process. If you would rather have a mechanic take care of this, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your location to bleed the brakes for you.